Connecting Beauty, Environment and Well-being.
1. We believe in treating ourselves,each other, and the planet with care and respect.
2. We believe social responsibility is our responsibility.
3. We believe ecological and profit goals are mutually achievable.
4. We believe our authenticity and experience are our points of difference.
5. We believe in inspiring and educating people to integrate wellness and beauty in their lives.
6. We believe in the power of oneness: from our global image to a focused network.
7. We believe learning never ends.
8. We believe in encouraging innovation and empowered decision-making.
9. We believe our actions, products and services should always embody excellence.
10. We believe personal and organizational balance is the key to sustainable success.
11. We believe true leadership is delivered with passion and by example.
Our Green Ingredient Promise at Aveda, we continually strive to increase our use of naturally derived ingredients, i.e. those in which more than 50% of the molecule comes from a plant, non-petroleum mineral, or other natural source, like water. We set other standards for use, too, like avoiding certain types of processing.
Journey with us—to trace Aveda's ingredients back to the farm or harvesting co-op. We call it Soil to BottleSM, and we do it to ensure fair compensation throughout the process. Aveda develops close working partnerships with certain communities and/or suppliers and seeks to use them as our primary source for specific ingredients. We frequently reference these relationships in our promotional materials. However, sometimes due to conditions beyond our control (e.g., drought, pests, and capacity limitations) these communities and/or suppliers are unable to meet our needs for an ingredient, including being unable to supply some or all of it. When such situations occur, Aveda uses additional suppliers to provide high-quality alternative sources until we are able to resume sourcing from the primary supplier.
We believe there is no responsible alternative to doing business other than through the pursuit of environmental sustainability and this belief guides every decision we make. We find inspiration for doing so in nature and believe that nature is not merely something to be cherished and protected, but also should be emulated as a model of sustainability. We also believe that profit and environmental responsibility will increasingly work together as more industries find out that "nature works" for both sustainability and the bottom-line.
Earth and Community Care Report
In 1989, we were the first privately held company to sign the CERES Principles (Coalition for Environmentally Responsible Economies). Today, we continue to strive to improve our practices and commit to publicly sharing our results.
We are proud to be the first beauty company with 100% post consumer recycled PET for skin care and hair styling. With every package we develop, we're mindful of our environmental footprint and work to minimise our packaging and maximise our use of recyclable and post-consumer recycled materials.
We're proud to be the first beauty company manufacturing with 100% certified wind power. Our wind energy purchases offset 100% of the energy used by our primary manufacturing facility in Minnesota, our company headquarters and the Aveda Institute Minneapolis.
Over the past decade, we've partnered with nonprofit organisations whose work supports our commitment to social and environmental improvement.
Cradle to Cradle
In support of our mission "to care for the world we live in" Aveda has embraced the Cradle to Cradle (C2C) concept and philosophy as a key element of acting responsibly.